- Christian Ministries
Are you interested in becoming a church pastor? A youth worker? A missionary?
Are you eager to grow and share your own faith but also to understand the faith practices of others around the world?
At Messiah we offer three Christian Ministries (CM) concentrations- Congregational Ministries, Cross-cultural Ministries, and Youth Ministries - as well as a wide range of specialized courses. As a CM major you’ll be required to do field work and a practicum in a local church or ministry setting. And you will also participate in “spiritual formation” (mentoring) groups during your sophomore and senior year as part of the requirements for your CM major.
If you are interested in missions, there are many courses available in missions training, world religions and world Christianity.
As a Christian Ministries major at Messiah College, you’ll be able to:
- Dive into foundational Bible and theology courses
- Take an in-depth look at the various Bible texts including Pentateuch, Historical Books, Poetical and Wisdom Literature, Gospels, Paul and His Letter, Revelation
- Sign-up for specialized courses in areas of particular interest to you
- Study abroad and participate in a cross-cultural practicum outside the United States
- Put your classroom knowledge to the test through an internship with one of our many partners, including Young Life and the Mennonite Central Committee
- Immerse yourself in biblical Greek or biblical Hebrew
- Design an independent study program with your professor
- Learn about Islam, Buddhism, Judaism, Hinduism, and world or non-western Christianity
- Pick up a minor in church music, business, adventure education, counseling, psychology or perhaps Spanish
- Study with professors who publish books and scholarly articles, conduct ongoing research, are nationally recognized as experts in their fields, and lead cross-cultural trips to places like Turkey, Ghana and Kenya