- Computer and Information Science
Computer and Information Science
The demand for quantitative, technical thinkers in the information science industry far outweighs the number of applicants.
If thinking creatively and critically to solve complex problems excites you, and you enjoy just tinkering with technology, then Messiah College’s computer and information science major might be right for you. Discover how your Christian faith and interest in computing will work hand-in-hand in your future professional decision-making. And at Messiah, your professors and our state-of-the art facilities will also encourage and support the technology research, experimentation, and creative problem solving you’ll need to compete for a successful career as a software developer, systems analyst, programmer, network administrator, database manager, financial analyst, web developer, computer security specialist and more.
As a computer and information science major at Messiah College, you will:
- Complete a strong common core of courses in foundational information sciences
- Choose a concentration in Business Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Development, or Web Management
- Focus on computers or computer users as your expertise
- Delve into artificial intelligence, computer security, graphics, networks, game design, and e-commerce
- Have the opportunity to prepare for graduate school by taking advanced, graduate-level courses at our Philadelphia campus at Temple University
- Conduct projects for national and international organizations with Messiah’s College’s Collaboratory for Strategic Partnerships and Applied Research
- Play in our computer science ‘sandbox’ where you can work on special projects
- Experiment with different operating systems, software, hardware, and networking devices in our computer lab
- Compete to participate in a National Science Foundation summer research program
- Have the opportunity to obtain a variety of computer certifications