- Digital Media (B.A.)
Digital Media (B.A.)
Digital Media Major
Kick your creative energy and storytelling talents into high gear by pursuing a digital media degree at Messiah College.
Digital media is an emerging field, and the multi-media communication skills you’ll develop through our core courses for this major will prepare you to meet the growing demand for digital media specialists in a wide variety of fields.
We offer four very different and practical digital media concentrations within this interdepartmental major: art and design; digital video and story; mobile applications and game design; and church media. So, regardless of which of our four concentrations you choose, the common core courses Messiah offers in digital video, sound design, computer science and visual art provide you with a solid foundation for a career in digital communications.
Best of all, you won’t have to wait to test out your skills in a business setting, because you can also get real world experience at Messiah by participating in one of our digital media internships.
As a Digital Media major at Messiah College, you’ll be able to:
- Focus on a particular area of digital media that is of interest to you.
- Take plenty of interesting electives or additional digital media courses.
- Take part in a collaborative digital media project in your senior year.
- Prepare for a career as a Web, graphic, sound or game designer; video editor; mobile application or game programmer; or minister of worship.
- Study in one of the 40 study abroad locations offered by Messiah College.
- Sharpen your skills in our studios dedicated to digital art, digital video and digital audio, and work in the new Calvin and Janet High Center for Worship and Performing Arts which has state-of-the-art digital equipment as well as two iMac labs dedicated to theater and music technology.
The comparatively small size of this major allows students the flexibility to take either electives in another field or further courses in their own area of concentration within the digital media major.
|Department of Visual Arts|
|Learn more about this department
|Well-equipped facilities including a variety of art studios, an art gallery, an art history classroom with specialized digital image projection and a darkroom.|
|Graphics and technology suite with Mac computers and the latest Adobe Creative Suite software.|
|Art education major provides a strong curriculum and thorough training in the arts within the framework of a liberal arts education and with commitment to a Christian world-view.|
|Accredited by the National Association of Art and Design (NASAD).|
|Department sponsors a complete exhibition calendar as well as annual lectures attended by the Messiah community and residents of the Harrisburg area.|
|The department takes semi-annual trips to museums in New York City and other nearby cities.|
|Graduates have received advances degrees from respected graduate schools across the country. Many graduates now work in fields that include careers in galleries, graphic design firms, Internet businesses, product design firms and publishing companies.|
|Art faculty regularly participate in juried national exhibits and have won national design awards.|
|Art faculty helped create and direct the national organization of Christians in the Visual Arts (CIVA).|