- Economics (B.S. or B.A.)
Economics (B.S. or B.A.)
Learn the analytical and quantitative skills you need to for a successful career in economics or graduate school.
As a student majoring in economics at Messiah College, you'll develop the analytical and quantitative skills needed to understand the interaction of market and nonmarket forces as they shape the behavior of society and impact human welfare. You'll become increasingly aware of the need to understand the role of values and social institutions, and to more seriously consider the impact of human activity upon the physical environment in which humans function.
At Messiah, you'll learn more than the mechanics of economic analysis. Our ultimate concern is that you understand how Christian faith shapes the way you see the economic process and what it means to be stewards of God's creation.
As an economics major at Messiah College, you’ll be able to:
- Spend 10 weeks in western Europe, India and China with the International Business Institute, where you’ll interact with various business and government leaders.
- Consider enrichment opportunities at Messiah’s Philadelphia Campus at Temple University.
- Prepare for an exciting career in fields such as business, finance, public policy, ministry, community service and more.
- Gain an understanding of the domestic business environment, the constant changes most large and small businesses have to make, and the complexity of the global economy.
- Take courses ranging from Contemporary Economics to Comparative Political Economy and International Business and World Economy.
- Pursue a Bachelor of Science OR a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics, depending on your interests and career goals.