- Economics (B.S. or B.A.)
Economics (B.S. or B.A.)
Learn the analytical and quantitative skills you need to for a successful career in economics or graduate school.
As a student majoring in economics at Messiah College, you'll develop the analytical and quantitative skills needed to understand the interaction of market and nonmarket forces as they shape the behavior of society and impact human welfare. You'll become increasingly aware of the need to understand the role of values and social institutions, and to more seriously consider the impact of human activity upon the physical environment in which humans function.
At Messiah, you'll learn more than the mechanics of economic analysis. Our ultimate concern is that you understand how Christian faith shapes the way you see the economic process and what it means to be stewards of God's creation.
As an economics major at Messiah College, you’ll be able to:
- Spend 10 weeks in western Europe, India and China with the International Business Institute, where you’ll interact with various business and government leaders.
- Consider studying in Washington, D.C., through the American Studies Program where you'll study public policy with a select group of students from other CCCU schools.
- Prepare for an exciting career in fields such as business, finance, public policy, ministry, community service and more.
- Gain an understanding of the domestic business environment, the constant changes most large and small businesses have to make, and the complexity of the global economy.
- Take courses ranging from Contemporary Economics to Comparative Political Economy and International Business and World Economy.
- Pursue a Bachelor of Science OR a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics, depending on your interests and career goals.
You will probably read and think about economics more in your lifetime than you would ever imagine, because economics will permeate the news, influence your daily decisions, and even affect your spiritual life.
|Department of Management and Business|
|Learn more about this department
|The Department has 10 full-time faculty members who have strong experience in industry and academics and who seek to mentor students both spiritually and professionally.|
|The Department is accredited nationally through the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)|
|Professors in the Management and Business Department have worked or taught in Brazil, Costa Rica, Ghana, Liberia, Namibia, The Netherlands, Singapore, Ukraine and many other places, enabling them to infuse international and cross-cultural perspectives into their courses.|
|Developing a student's global perspective has long been a specialty of Messiah College and the Department of Management and Business.|
|Our students join students from several other Christian Colleges to attend the International Business Institute (IBI) a unique program of business study, corporate visits and travel through Europe, Russia, India and China.|