Costs & Aid
The total cost at Messiah for the 2014-2015 school year is projected to be $44,655. It is possible, however, to reduce this amount by qualifying for academic merit-based and need-based aid. In the 2013-2014 academic year, 100% of first-year international students and U.S. citizens received academic scholarship and/or need-based financial assistance.
The estimated cost of attendance for international students for the 2014-2015 school year is as follows:
|Tuition and fees||$31,340|
|Room and food||$9,350|
Estimates for health insurance, books, supplies and personal expenses
Please consider the cost of our institution before you continue with your application process. Students who have financial hardship may want to seek sponsorship through churches, organizations, etc. This will be the student's responsibility. Messiah College does not provide sponsors for students.
For U.S. Citizens Abroad and Permanent Residents
U.S. citizens and permanent residents can find all information relevant to their financial aid process on the Financial Aid website. These students should plan to submit the FAFSA application.
For International Students
All non-U.S. citizens planning to apply for a F-1 visa must submit the International Financial Form (IFF) as part of their application. The information you provide in this document is needed both for immigration and financial aid purposes. By understanding your capacity to financially support your education, Messiah College can first determine your eligibility for need-based financial aid. Second, we can issue you a Form I-20, which affirms your ability to finance your education (when combining personal finances, support from family/sponsors and Messiah College financial aid) and is necessary to apply for an F-1 Student Visa. You will be prompted to complete this form upon the completion of your application. In completing the IFF, each person or source of educational finances must supply supporting documentation or it cannot be considered as a source of financial support. All documents should include a date. Original and certified documents are required.
*Documentation that you will be able to pay for your college costs and a tuition deposit of at least $200 will be required to reserve a place in the incoming class of students. Please see the International Financial Form page for more information. Submission of the form is a requirement of the application process.
Payment Due Dates and Expectations
(The following is excerpted from the Business Office website. Find more information here.)
Payment Due Dates
Fall Semester 2014: August 22, 2014
Spring Semester 2015: December 22, 2014
A $100 late fee will be assessed to the account if not paid by the due date.
Bills will be announced by email to the student as they become available in late July for the fall semester and in late November for the spring semester. These initial bills will be based on registration and financial aid information available to the Business Office at the time of the bill. Financial aid that is known at the time of the billing will be listed as anticipated financial aid. However, the financial aid award payment must actually be received before it is credited to the student account.Periodic statements of activity on student accounts will be updated on the eBill site. Students may check their account at any time online using MCSquare
1) Semester payments of the entire balance due for the fall semester by August 22, 2014 and December 22, 2014 for the spring semester. Credit card payments must be done through the eBill site.
2) PeerTransfer is the preferred payment method.
3) Wire transfers are an available option. For instructions on making wire transfers, please contact Student Financial Services at email@example.com.
Messiah College has partnered with peerTransfer to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. With peerTransfer, you can pay from any country and any bank. You are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks. You will also be able to track where your payment is in the transfer process via a student dashboard and an email confirmation will be sent to you when your payment is received by the school.
Click or go to: messiah.peertransfer.com to begin the payment process.
4) Note: TMS now accepts some international credit cards. Please visit their website at the link below to see if you have an eligible credit card. The Monthly Payment Option (MPO) administered by Tuition Management Systems (TMS), allows payment of 10 equal monthly installments for the balance due for the entire academic year. Payments are made directly to Tuition Management Systems by the 20th of each month starting in June and ending in March. One-half of the contracted amount credits to the fall semester bill and the second half credits to the spring semester bill. Missed monthly payments result in late fees and cancellation of the contract. If the TMS contract is cancelled, the unpaid balance for the semester is due immediately and paid directly to Messiah College. The MPO is available for a $60 enrollment fee and includes personal account service, automated account information 24 hours a day and online access to your MPO account. To enroll in this program, please call Tuition Management Systems at 888-285-3052 or log onto their website at www.afford.com/messiah. You may enroll in the program until August 31, 2014.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Merit-based academic scholarships
Trustees' Scholarship: Six full-tuition scholarships ($30,510 value for 2014)
President's Scholarship: 60 percent tuition scholarships ($18,306 value for 2014)
- Recipients of both scholarships become members of the College Honors Program.
- Both U.S. and non-U.S. citizens are eligible for the Trustees' and President's Scholarships.
- These are competitive scholarships awarded annually to new first-year students (renewable each year at the first-year dollar amount).
- Minimum academic qualifications: SAT (math & reading) composite 1300+ or ACT of 29+; top 10 percent of one's class (if provided).
- Must submit application for admission and all supporting documents and receive acceptance by January 15.
- Eligible students who meet the above requirements may be invited to a scholarship interview selection process. (Preferably on campus. For applicants living outside of the U.S.A., there may be a phone/email/video interview).
Martin Multicultural Scholarships
- To be eligible, students must be able to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Applicable for U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the U.S.
- These are competitive scholarships awarded annually to new first-year students and select transfer students (renewable each year at the first-year dollar amount).
- This scholarship is designed for students who not only exhibit strong scholarship, service, ministry, and leadership in their school, church or community, but also have demonstrated a commitment to promoting racial and ethnic diversity and reconciliation.
- To be eligible, students must be able to file a FAFSA and achieve one or more of the following:
- Rank in the top 10% of their graduating class
- Have at least a 3.6 GPA
- Score at least a 1200 on the SAT I (Critical Reading & Math Sections only), or at least a 26 on the ACT
- Students must also be able to demonstrate significant leadership, service or ministry involvement in their school, church or community as well as have a record of promoting racial and ethnic diversity and reconciliation.
- Leadership involvement and activities should be noted on Messiah's application for admission, as well as any additional documentation the student feels exhibit his/her promotion of racial and ethnic diversity and reconciliation.
- Messiah College will award full-tuition scholarships to incoming students who not only meet the above criteria but are also selected by committee from a pool of students. Students who submit a complete application for admission to Messiah College prior to January 15 will be considered for the scholarship. Several students will be invited to be part of an interview process, on Messiah's campus, on a day in March. An in-person interview is required.
International Financial Aid
- Awards from $500-$16,500 are awarded annually (renewable at first-year dollar amount)
- Limited number of awards
- Awarded to international students (non-U.S. citizens)
- Awards based on the International Financial Form submitted at the time of application
- Priority given to completed admission applications and supporting documents received by April 15.
Students are encouraged to be as thorough as possible in detailing their financial situation, including all sources of financial support and income (employment, rental property, outside scholarships, government grants, etc.), so that Messiah College can adequately assess their eligibility for need-based aid.
International financial aid can be combined with academic, merit-based aid.
Pages in International Students
- International Students
- Steps to Apply
- Admissions Criteria
- You are here: Costs & Aid
- Visas and Immigration
- Accepted Students
- Glossary and Common Questions
- Helpful Links
- See & Hear
- For Parents
- Alumni Profiles
- International home-schooled students
- International Transfer Students
- MKs, TCKs and other U.S. Citizens Abroad
- Hear from current students