- Such a course must be from a discipline other than those required for the student's major or minor.
- Courses fulfilling requirements for a major, minor, or general education may not be used.
- Students may declare their intention to take a course under the Pass/Fail option when they register or through the first calendar week of classes at the beginning of the new term. Students may also select to return to the letter grade system during this same time period. The selection cannot be changed after the first calendar week of classes.
- The cut-off point to obtain a P is C–.
- The instructor will submit only conventional letter grades to the Registrar's Office. This office will then convert the grade to P or F. (An instructor does not know which students are taking a course on a pass/fail basis.
Pages in Academic Policies
- Academic Policies
- Drop / Add (Change in Registration)
- Auditing a Course
- Change of Major
- Double Major
- Class Attendance
- Grading System
- Credits and Quality Points
- Pass/Fail Grades
- You are here: Pass/Fail Option
- Examinations and Final Examinations
- Academic Petitions
- Application for Degree
- Academic Dishonesty
- Grade Appeal Procedures
- Medical Leave Status
- Withdrawal from the College
- Access to College Records
- Transcripts and Recommendations
- Academic Warning
- Academic Probation, Suspension, and Dismissal
- Academic Appeals
- Cocurricular and Athletic Eligibility
Messiah College: Office of the Registrar
One College Avenue, Suite 3007
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055