Examinations and Final Examinations
Class examinations. When students miss a preannounced class examination, the instructor decides whether they will be granted a make-up privilege.
The final exam period is an important and integral part of the semester. Faculty members are to use this time as a part of the semester's education and will not schedule events which conflict with the final exam schedule. Students are expected to attend their final exams at the time indicated.
Occasionally exceptions are necessary. When this is the case, students
must obtain approval from the Registrar prior to rescheduling an exam.
All requests for change must be submitted to the Registrar's Office
using the form Request for Final Examination Change (available in the
Registrar's Office) at least one week prior to the final examination.
The student will list the courses he or she needs to change and the
reason for the request. The Registrar must approve the request and sign
the form before the student and instructor reschedule the examination
Any student having final examinations scheduled for more than eight (8) credit hours on one day may request a change in his or her final schedule according to the following guidelines:
- The student has the option of taking all finals as scheduled.
- All requests for change will be submitted to the Registrar's Office for approval at least one week prior to the final examination.
- After obtaining the signature of the Registrar, exams will be rescheduled at a time mutually acceptable to both the instructor and the student.
- Travel arrangements are not sufficient reason for exceptions to the schedule.
Pages in Academic Policies
- Academic Policies
- Drop / Add (Change in Registration)
- Auditing a Course
- Change of Major
- Double Major
- Class Attendance
- Grading System
- Credits and Quality Points
- Pass/Fail Grades
- Pass/Fail Option
- You are here: Examinations and Final Examinations
- Academic Petitions
- Application for Degree
- Academic Dishonesty
- Grade Appeal Procedures
- Medical Leave Status
- Withdrawal from the College
- Access to College Records
- Transcripts and Recommendations
- Academic Warning
- Academic Probation, Suspension, and Dismissal
- Academic Appeals
- Cocurricular and Athletic Eligibility
Messiah College: Office of the Registrar
One College Avenue, Suite 3007
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055