Services / Requests
Alumni seeking international employment or volunteer service may be required by an employer or agency to produce a diploma with apostille documentation. Apostilles are used by foreign governments to assess the authenticity of a document (e.g. a diploma) as well as the signatures, stamp or seal afixed to it.
To request Apostille service:
- Send a written request to the Registrar’s office for a duplicate diploma and apostille service. Include the following information:
- Your current name and address
- The address to which your apostille diploma should be sent
- Your contact information in case of a question
- Name under which you attended
- Messiah ID number or last four digits of your social security number (for record identification purposes only)
- Name to appear on the diploma (e.g. middle initial, middle name, maiden name)
- Degree earned, year of graduation and major
- Your signature
- Complete the “Request for Legalization of Documents” form from the Pennsylvania Department of State website.
- Payment to the College is required to cover the cost of the diploma ($30) and shipping for the apostille service ($5). Payment to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is also required to cover the state’s fee for the apostille service ($15 per document).
- You may send a check made payable to Messiah College Registrar’s Office or pay online with a credit card here . Mail all of the above to:
Paula C. Maynard
One College Avenue Suite 3007
Mechanicsburg PA 17055
Please note: Messiah’s notaries cannot interpret foreign law, nor can the College or its notaries be responsible for any returned or denied notarized documents.
Pages in Services / Requests
Messiah College: Office of the Registrar
One College Avenue, Suite 3007
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055