- Graduate Programs: Conducting
Graduate Programs: Conducting
With a program and faculty reflecting Messiah’s reputation for academic excellence, Messiah College’s M.M. in conducting enhances your abilities as an effective music educator and conductor. Whether you are a public or private school educator, a community or church ensemble director, or a recent music major graduate—Messiah’s program can help you advance your career and deepen your expertise in the specialized field of conducting.
- Three specialized degree tracks to advance your
education and career:
- Wind conducting
- Orchestral conducting
- Choral conducting
- Offering a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in Conducting designed for music educators who have already earned their master’s degree, but would like to further advance their conducting and pedagogy skills.
- Flexible, affordable, and convenient program with the majority of courses conducted online, combining just the right amount of classroom and practical experience for your busy life and active schedule.
- Emphasis on summer coursework, including one-week on-campus summer sessions, designed to fit the schedules of teachers and other working professionals. Program can be completed in about two years.
- Premiere facilities—While on campus, you’ll experience your
coursework in the newly constructed Calvin and Janet High Center for Worship
and Performing Arts. Watch the video tour.
- All courses taught by Messiah’s faculty—experienced, trained music educators and conductors with extensive college and public school teaching experience—who take time to mentor you in your education and career.
- Coursework designed to be instantly applicable to your own everyday work setting.
- Hands-on experience—as a student in our degree program, you’ll have the opportunity to work with one of the many outstanding ensembles at Messiah College.
- Fulfillment of Act 48 credits in Pennsylvania
- Deferred payment option available if your employer reimburses for Act 48 or other graduate course completions.
- Small class sizes ensure personalized, one-on-one attention, and meaningful interaction with your professors and fellow students.
- Rolling admission—Messiah accepts graduate program applicants year round allowing you to enter the program at multiple points throughout the year.
To learn more:
Request info online
or call (717) 796-5061
Now enrolling for summer 2014
The master’s in conducting program is now accepting applications for on-campus summer intensive courses. Nine courses, which are five or six days each, are being offered throughout the summer.
Did you know?
Messiah College has the largest NASM-accredited Master of Music in conducting program in the United States and the only accredited online Master of Music in conducting program in Pennsylvania.
"Messiah's conducting program completely met my needs as a music educator, and it's based around a working teacher's schedule. Messiah's faculty in the conducting program are fantastic; they care about you and your success."
~Sara Ricciardi, 2012 graduate, Messiah College's M.M. in conducting