- Graduate Programs: Nursing
Graduate Programs: Nursing
Advance your career—and the next generation of nursing professionals.
In the rapidly changing world of healthcare there is increasing demand for highly skilled nurses—and even greater demand for the nurse educators who will mentor and prepare them. Messiah College’s Master of Science in Nursing will prepare you to be a nurse educator who is uniquely equipped to lead and teach in a variety of educational and clinical settings. As a graduate of our program you will be prepared for a variety of nurse educator roles in higher education settings—or to educate nursing staff in clinical practice settings such as hospitals and other healthcare agencies.
In whatever work environment you choose, as a nurse educator you will play a pivotal role in shaping the emerging health care workforce and the next generation of nursing professionals.
Degree option: Master of Science in Nursing—nurse educator track
Messiah College’s graduate program in nursing offers the degree option of a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with a nurse educator track. This degree program is designed for nursing graduates who hold a BSN and are seeking to earn an MSN degree that will help to prepare them for a career as a nurse educator. Our master’s in nursing program will help prepare you to take the National League for Nursing (NLN) Certified Nurse Educator examination after meeting the practice requirement for eligibility. Messiah’s MSN degree program additionally provides a strong foundation should you choose to pursue doctoral study.
RN-MSN degree option: Master of Science in Nursing-nurse educator track
This customized degree program is designed for registered nurses who have earned an associate degree or nursing diploma and wish to streamline their education to earn a Master of Science in Nursing that will advance their career in nursing education.
Non-degree option: Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in Nursing Education
Launching in Fall 2014—Messiah College’s CAGS in Nursing Education is a non-degree, 15-credit certificate. This option is designed for registered nurses who already hold an advanced degree in nursing (MSN, DNP or Ph.D.) without a focus in nurse education—but who would like to advance their career as a nurse educator. Graduates of the certificate program will be prepared to take the National League for Nursing (NLN) Certified Nurse Educator examination after meeting the appropriate practice requirement for eligibility.
Messiah College’s graduate program in nursing also offers:
- Central Pennsylvania’s only online MSN nurse educator degree program—The majority of coursework is conducted online with some on-campus sessions throughout the year, designed to fit the schedules of busy working professionals.
- Messiah College’s academic distinction as a nationally ranked, accredited Christian college
- The proven success and reputation of our nursing program—Messiah’s nursing graduates are well respected and in demand by regional employers.
- Nursing faculty who are experienced Christian educators, nursing professionals and accomplished scholars who will take time to mentor you in your education, faith, and career
- All of Messiah’s faculty who teach nursing education courses are doctorally prepared
- All clinical preceptors in our graduate program are prepared at the master’s level or above
- A 39-credit master’s program that can be completed in three to six years, depending on whether you study full- or part-time; choose the timeframe that’s right for you.
- Deferred payment options are available if your employer is reimbursing your tuition.
- A cohort learning model that helps you to develop meaningful relationships with other students as you progress through the program together.
To learn more:
Request info online
Or call our graduate admissions office at (717) 796-5061