Any student who fails to attain their chapel requirement in a given semester will be placed on chapel probation and notification will be made to the student's academic advisor, the Registrar and the Dean of Students.
Students with a current chapel probation coding are barred from registration. To clear their chapel attendance status a student is required to:
- Print out the MCSquare report of their chapel attendance for the semester in question.
- Listen to the chapel recordings that are available in the College Ministries channel in MCSquare from the previous semester or earlier for which you are marked "absent."
- Download the required form and save on your hard drive. Retrieve the blank document and type in your response. Please submit one form for each chapel required. This should be original work (not shared among friends or recycled from semester to semester) Cases of suspected plagiarism or other forms of dishonesty will be referred to the Office of Community Development.
- Return reports, along with the MCSquare printout, to the College Ministries office by the deadline date. Late submissions will be assessed a $50 late fee. Please keep in mind a deadline date is established to ensure your chapel hold is lifted in time for registration. Any reports submitted later than the deadline date, will be processed in a timely manner; however it is best to submit your report(s) no later than one week prior to your registration date.
- The College Ministries office will notify the student's advisor and the Office of the Registrar when the student's chapel probation requirement is met.
Appeals regarding a student's chapel probation status should be made in writing and may be submitted to the College Ministries office within 10 business days of the Chapel Probation e-mail. Decisions of the College Ministries office may be appealed to the Vice Provost and Dean of Students.
Please Note: Since student leaders are expected to be exemplary in all areas, an active chapel probation status is likely to negatively impact one's eligibility for service in a student leadership position. For details, please refer to the SGA Constitution, the Residence Education Staff Manual or an Athletic Coach.