- Graduate Programs: Higher Education
Graduate Programs: Higher Education
With a program reflecting Messiah’s reputation for excellence in academic and professional preparation, Messiah College’s Master of Arts in higher education prepares you to be a transformative, visionary leader for a variety of higher education settings. You’ll deepen your understanding of the theoretical foundations and practical principles of effective leadership in higher education. You’ll wrestle with issues facing the contemporary academy. You’ll be prepared to strategically advance excellence and equity for colleges and universities in the future. And as a nationally ranked Christian college, Messiah is uniquely equipped to help you successfully reflect your own faith-rooted identity and values into all aspects of your professional practice.
Messiah College’s M.A. in higher education offers:
- The academic distinction of a nationally ranked, accredited Christian college.
- A flexible program designed with working professionals in mind— The majority of courses are conducted online, blended with some weeklong sessions during the summer months.
- Concentrations in academic support services; college athletics management; student affairs; Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL); or the unique opportunity to create your own individualized concentration, tailored to your professional goals.
- Program completion in as little as two years.
- Courses taught by accomplished, committed faculty – Our professors have extensive higher education experience, gained through leadership in academic institutions, professional associations and as consultants. As accomplished scholars, our faculty have vital experience in their specialized areas of study and practice. Our professors are caring, committed educators who mentor you as you engage your faith, explore your vocation and advance your career.
- A reputation for excellence ― Messiah College is home to The Ernest L. Boyer Center, committed to renewing society through education. The College's academic strengths are matched by championship intercollegiate athletic teams that have won 15 NCAA Division III national titles within the past ten years.
- Small class sizes ensure personalized attention and meaningful interaction with professors and fellow students. Our program allows you to learn from and with one another through online as well as face-to-face interaction.
- Deferred payment option if your employer reimburses for graduate course completions
- Applicable and relevant coursework including a flexible capstone experience that allows you to complete the program in a manner that fits your career and personal goals.
- Rolling admission—allowing you to enter the program at multiple points throughout the year.
New online class sessions begin every eight weeks. To learn more or to register:
- Request info online
- Call (717) 796-5061
Now enrolling for summer 2014
The master’s in higher education program is now accepting applications for early summer, summer and on-campus summer intensive courses.
Messiah’s master’s in higher education now offers concentrations in academic support services and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). Learn more about these new opportunities!
The professors are very intentional—from the texts they select, to the questions they ask, to how they help you think through what’s your passion in higher education and how you can use that to further society.
~Shannon Demant, graduate student M.A. in Higher Education