- Graduate Programs: Counseling
Graduate Programs: Counseling
With a program and faculty reflecting Messiah’s commitment to and reputation for academic excellence, Messiah College’s nationally accredited M.A. in counseling prepares you to work in a variety of professional settings.
- Three specialized tracks: clinical mental health counseling; marriage, couple, and family counseling; or school counseling.
- Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Counseling is available to those who need to meet the new Pennsylvania licensing requirements.
- Program completion time frames ranging from two to six years —select the one that’s right for you.
- Flexible, affordable, and convenient with the majority of courses conducted online combined with just the right amount of traditional classroom and practical experience for your busy life and active schedule.
- Designed to prepare you to
sit for your professional counseling licensure exam (LPC), your
marriage, and family therapy licensure exam (LMFT), or become a
certified school counselor in Pennsylvania.
- All courses taught by Messiah’s faculty—experienced counselors and nationally recognized scholars who will take time to mentor you in your education, faith, and career.
- Small class sizes ensure personalized attention and meaningful interaction with professors and classmates.
- Rolling admission
Messiah accepts graduate program applicants year round allowing you to enter the program at a choice of multiple points throughout the year.
New online class sessions begin every eight weeks. To learn more or to register:
- Request info online
- Call (717) 796-5061
The CACREP-Messiah College distinction
Messiah College has the only online, faith-based, CACREP accredited, master’s in counseling program in Pennsylvania and the only CACREP accredited, online, faith-based program in marriage, couple and family counseling in the U.S.
The New York State Education Department recently approved the Clinical Mental Health Track as meeting the educational requirements for New York licensure.
Messiah’s faculty are very passionate about what they teach and they all have real-world experience.
~Erin McMonagle, 2013 M.A. in Counseling graduate
I chose Messiah’s program because I can get almost the entire degree online, which really fits my schedule as a teacher. … Messiah’s degree is also recognized for the highest professional standards.
~Jeff Sullo, M.A. in Counseling student