Responsible for the collection and transportation of all Recyclables, Trash, Infectious Waste, Universal Waste, and Hazardous Waste items from staging areas to specific locations for proper disposal.
• Collect all recyclable material on a daily basis
• Ensure all outdoor trash receptacles are maintained
• Interface with trash vendor to insure dumpsters are managed
• Ensure trash needs of campus are properly met and maintained
During Fiscal Year 2010, Messiah College processed 34.65 tons of recycled cans/bottles, 109,450 pounds of recycled cardboard, and 70,775 pounds of recycled paper.
Educating community on the proper ways to recycle and what gets recycled.
Click on the links below to learn more
- Messiah Recycles!! Click here to find out what is recycled at Messiah.
- Rechargeable Battery and Cell Phone Recycling Click here to find out which batteries are recycled and where you can drop off your batteries and cell phones. If the cell phone is still working, please note this so that we can donate it to charity.
- The Correct Way to Recycle Cans and Bottles - Describes the proper procedures for recycling cans and bottles
- The Correct Way to Recycle Cardboard
- Describes the proper procedures for recyling cardboard
- The Correct Way to Recycle Pizza Boxes
- Describes the proper procedures for recyling pizza boxes
- DID YOU KNOW Plastics Recycling Information pertaining to plastics recycling
- DID YOU KNOW Paper Recycling Information pertaining to paper recycling
- Tips for a "Green" Holiday Tips for ways you can have a sustainable holiday season by reducing, reusing, and recycling