Associate Professor of Special Education
EDD, Teacher Leadership, University of Nebraska, 2006
MS, Special Education, Bloomsburg University, 1992
BA, Organizational Psychology, Bloomsburg University, 1988
Yacapsin Academia Information
- Compassion fatigue and student teachers
- Self care for student teachers
In the works:
- Online discourse and evidence of Christian values
- Facebook and collaborative, international teaching endeavors
- School and community partnerships
- Portable teaching and tutoring
- Technology platforms for students with disabilities
- "Student-Led Inquiry in Pre-Service Field Placements: iPad Technologies Empower Future Teachers," Pennsylvania Teacher Educator, Fall 2014
- "Graduate Student Preferences for Practicing Faith in Online Coursework," Journal of Research on Christian Education, Summer 2014
- "Faith: A New Component within Differentiated Instruction," Christian Perspectives in Education, 6(1). Available at: http://digitalcommons.liberty.edu/cpe/vol6/iss1/2, 2013
- "Self care for student teachers: a promising new practice for teacher education programs," PA Teacher Educator, Fall 2011
- Intro to special education
- Effective practices for every learner
- Curriculum and learning
- Student teacher supervision
- Technology for teachers
- Educational Psychology
Advice for First-Year Students:
Look at learning as a process and a lifelong journey, not an ending; engage in reflective practice; be thankful, forgiving, and gracious always.
Vocational Story :
Interest in the psychology of learning processes of students and students with disabilities, and the wonderful and "not-so wonderful" role models that helped me realize I wanted to pursue teaching as a vocation.
Running and running with my family; adopt a boxer animal rescue; service projects for school, church and animal rescue organizations; reading the classics and historical fiction.
-(1 Corinthians, 15:3)
I handed on to you…what I also received.