The Messiah College faculty and staff are dedicated to investing in the lives of their students. The scholarship and research of our faculty could take them to large universities; however, their career choice has been to impact the lives of students.
Students have the ability to engage in several types of internship opportunities. We realize that each student has very different needs gaining experience in their chosen field of study. Thus we offer many different credit bearing opportunities as well as non-credit opportunities. You will work with your advisor to find out which track fits your educational and financial need. These are just a few of the internships that our students have done in the past few years:
- Strength and Conditioning with the Boston Celtics (APHS)
- Athletic Training Practicum with NCAA Division I, II, and III football teams (ATED)
- Speed and Conditioning Coaching (APHS)
- Wilderness Encounter experiences (ADED)
- Ticket Sales in the front office of a professional baseball team (SPMT)
- Easter Seals Equestrian Therapy program (HPED and APHS)
- Physical Therapy Aid (APHS-Pre-PT)
Students in several of our programs have the ability not only to help faculty with their research but also the ability to engage in original research. Messiah College undergraduate students have been first authors or co-authors on over 50 research projects presented at the regional or national level. In addition students have been listed on published research with their faculty mentors and on a few occasions have served as the lead author.