- Pulse FM 90.7 FM radio station
- The Swinging Bridge campus news magazine
- The Clarion yearbook
- Thriving social media news through Facebook and Twitter
You'll want to get involved in the wide range of department opportunities available to put your learning to the test. Whether it's The Pulse, the Messiah Filmmakers Society or Messiah College Chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America, you’ll have the chance to grow professionally while forming lasting friendships and producing great portfolio materials. Students with a high cumulative GPA may also be eligible for nomination into Lambda Pi Eta, a national communication honor society.
Beyond Grantham, you’ll be amazed at the endless opportunities before you. You could gain experience through internships in the nearby state capital of Harrisburg and surrounding area. You might even stretch yourself further through one of dozens of study abroad locations around the globe. If the music industry interests you, a semester in Nashville, Tenn., at the Contemporary Music Center offers tracks in artist development and artist management. Film and media arts students pursue internships in the filmmaking industry, often through Temple University's LA Film Studies Summer Internship Program. You can also study in the U.S. capital through the Washington Journalism Center geared for journalism majors or the American Studies Program through its brand-new Strategic Communication track which caters to both communication and public relations majors.
All this and more is waiting for you here in our Department. The key to fitting it all in? Plan ahead and talk with your advisor early on in your college journey. Make it count!
Want to study abroad in a major specific program?
Stretch yourself further through one of dozens of study abroad locations around the globe. Here are some otions that will fit major specific courses that will further your experience in the Department of Communication.
- Contemporary Music Center- If the music industry interests you, best semester program, CMC offers tracks in artist development and artist management. in Nashville, Tenn.
- LA Film Studies Summer Internship Program- Film and media arts students can pursue internships in the filmmaking industry through Temple University.
- Washington Journalism Center- You can also study in the U.S. capital through a program geared for journalism majors.
- American Studies Program- ASP located in Washington D.C. offers a brand-new Strategic Communication track which caters to both communication and public relations majors.
Clubs and Organizations
Get involved with clubs and organizations on campus that will help to enhance your college experience. Some of the communication related clubs include:
- Public Relations Student Society of America- Join the Messiah College Chapter of PRSSA and you’ll have the chance to grow professionally while forming lasting friendships and producing great portfolio materials.
- Messiah Filmmakers Society- Film and media arts as well as digital media majors join together to critique films, discuss and practice filmmaking and editing techniques, and host an annual Oscars party.
- Lambda Pi Eta- Students with a high cumulative GPA may also be eligible for nomination into Lambda Pi Eta, a national communication honor society.
- The Pulse: Media Hub- This organization houses the student-run media, where students can volunteer many communication skills including writing, photography, broadcasting, and design in both paid and volunteer positions. Opportunities include: