Committee on Race, Ethnicity and Reconciliation (MICAH)
- Develop goals, policies, programming, and practices that create an inclusive and supportive campus climate for students and employees from underrepresented racial and ethnic backgrounds (Diversity Committee or Administrative Offices).
- Propose ways to dismantle racist practices and policies that exist within the College (Diversity Committee or Administrative Offices).
- Provide input and recommendations to the Diversity Committee on issues of race and ethnicity.
- Create safe spaces for dialogue around questions of race, ethnicity, and diversity.
- Hear and process campus climate concerns regarding racial and ethnic issues expressed by students and/or employees.
- Act as a resource for groups working on issues of race and ethnicity, including implementing the diversity plan.
- Provide guidance and support to the Diversity Committee and Office of Multicultural Programs.
- Conduct reviews of institutional policies and governance structures to assure that they support the needs of students and employees from underrepresented racial and ethnic backgrounds.
- Remain informed and provide recommendations for educating and training employees and students in the areas of racism, cultural diversity, campus climate, and inclusive excellence.
- Provide guidance and input to the Martin Scholar’s program.
- Implement responsibilities established for Micah in the Diversity Strategic Plan.
2013-2014 MICAH Committee Members:
Director of Multicultural Programs
Associate Professor of Economics & Development
Professor of Human Development & Family Science
Chair of MICAH, Associate Professor of Biology
President, ISA/MuKappa Club & Student
President, Multicultural Council Club & Student
Martin Scholar & Student
Residence Life, RD