By being a team leader, participants will:
- Help drive to and from the location of service.
- Facilitate reflection around spiritual formation, relating to their service experience (either on site or during the ride).
- Serve regularly with a specific team and community partner.
- Maintain regular communication and attendance tracking with community partners and Outreach coordinators.
- Provide an alternate option to fulfill chapel credit through service, encouraging students to understand service as an integral part of faithful discipleship in God's community.
- Develop leaders who are capable of facilitating reflection on service and faith.
- Encourage consistent service as a lifestyle during college and beyond.
Who Can Apply?
- Sophomores, juniors and seniors may apply to participate as long as they become regular team leaders.
- Students who are on chapel, academic, or disciplinary probation will not be accepted.
- Admission is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Messiah College approved license
- 1 orientation chapel
- A minimum of 16 hours of service in one particular Outreach team per semester (around 8-10 site visits) as a Team Leader
- If a student is sick or needs to miss a visit, it is their responsibility to find a replacement to drive. If they cannot, they need to let the CP, team coordinator, and Kathy Gates know as soon as possible.
- 1 Debrief Chapel
Application Process :
Please contact Outreach Teams to sign up for a particular team. Signups will begin on Monday, February 10th and will end on Tuesday, February 11th.
Fall 2013 Program Schedule:
Feb. 10-11: S4C signups
Feb. 17 : Outreach teams begin
Feb. 20 : Service For Chapel orientation (during chapel in Boyer 131)
May 6 : Debrief chapel (during chapel in Boyer 131)
Signup is on a first come, first serve basis.
See the Spring 2014 Flier for a complete list of service opportunities.
You are highly encouraged to attend any additional volunteer training sessions offered.
For More Information:
Still have questions?
Contact Keith Jones Pomeroy,
Phone: (717) 796-1800 x7255