The Career and Professional Development Center assists students with all aspects of career development - from discerning strengths and interests and exploring career options, to making the transition to graduate school or the world of work. By utilizing our services and programs, students will be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and tools necessary for successful career planning and decision-making.
As an educator at Messiah College, you play an important role in our students' career development process. We hope that the following information will be useful as we work together with students in this meaningful process.
- Refer a student for CPDC services
- Invite a CPDC representative to speak to your class on a topic of your choosing. We can provide a 5-10 minute overview or a full class session (keep us in mind if you have to cancel a class!). Sample topics include: overview of services, tips for career exploration and planning, internships, job or graduate school searching, or developing professional competencies (resumes, interviewing, networking, etc). If you're interested in this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 6016.
- Recommend the Internship Program to students
- Join the Messiah College Professional Network on LinkedIn
- Find data on career outcomes of Messiah grads
- Faculty Guide to Ethical and Legal Standards in Student Hiring - A guide for faculty who play a direct role in the employment process for new graduates. Developed by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
- Resources for Writing Reference Letters