State authorization and residency
Due to state regulations, Messiah College is not authorized to admit graduate students who will be residing in the following states while taking online courses: Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. In addition, several others states restrict students from completing an internship/practicum in their state. View a complete listing of the restrictions by state.
Messiah College graduate programs will consider applications submitted by US citizens and permanent residents, as well as international students (non-US citizens). All international students, but particularly those wishing to study in the United States, should read the important information for international students prior to submitting an application for admission.
In order to assist graduate students, Messiah College provides consumer information pertaining to certificate programs that receive federal financial aid. For more information visit our gainful employment disclosures page.
Application materials should be submitted to: GradPrograms@messiah.edu.
Any transcripts or documents that need to be mailed should be sent to:
One College Ave Suite 3060
Mechanicsburg PA 17055
Program-specific admissions requirements for master's and doctoral degree-seeking students
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (family nurse practitioner)
- Master of Arts in counseling (all tracks)
- Master of Arts in higher education (all tracks)
- Master of Arts in strategic leadership
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Education (all tracks)
- Master of Music in conducting (all tracks)
- Master of Science in Nursing (nurse educator)
- Master of Science in Nursing:RN-MSN (nurse educator track)
Program-specific admissions requirements for non-degree coursework, teacher certification and certificate-seeking students
- Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in counseling with field experience
- Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in counseling without field experience
- Non-degree courses, certificates and certification courses in education
- Non-degree courses in higher education
- Non-degree/certificate in digital marketing
- Non-degree/certificate in social entrepreneurship
- Non-degree/certificate in organizational and strategic communication
- Non-degree/certificate in strategic leadership
- Non-degree/certificate in management
- Non-degree courses and Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in music conducting
- Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in nursing education
- Dietetic internship - National Match option
- Dietetic internship - Preselect option (for Messiah College students only)