Approval for QuEST (General Education) or Elective Credit
Obtain your advisor’s signature, then submit this form and course descriptions from the transfer school catalog to the Registrar’s Office. The Registrar will indicate if the courses are approved. Copies will be sent to you and your advisor; the original will be retained in your student file.
If you are planning to transfer to another institution for an entire semester, you must withdraw from Messiah College (The exception to this is in the case of an approved exchange or off-campus program). Your status as a Messiah College student will be interrupted, so it will be necessary to apply for readmission in order to resume your studies as a Messiah College student. You should contact the Financial Aid Office to determine the impact this may have on your financial aid package.
It is not necessary to withdraw from Messiah in order to take summer courses at another institution if you plan to return for the fall semester.
Your signature verifies that you have read and understand the instructions.
If the college you are planning to attend requires written approval from Messiah College, please send a copy of this form after all signatures have been obtained.
Request an official transcript of the completed work be send directly to Messiah College Registrar’s Office, One College Avenue Suite 3007 Mechanics burg PA 17055.
Transfer Credit Academic Policy
This policy applies to all courses presented for transfer to Messiah College (except those off-campus programs administered by the EPICenter and Philadelphia campus).
Credit for academic work completed at another institution may be awarded based upon the following criteria:
1. The student must arrange for the transfer institution to send an official transcript to the Messiah College Office of the Registrar.
2. Transfer institutions within the United States must be regionally accredited. International transcripts require a third-party evaluation by World Education Services (WES).
3. Only those courses in which a grade of “C” (2.0) or better has been earned are eligible for transfer.
4. Transfer credits are not computed into the student’s GPA. The policy on repeating courses in order to improve the student’s grade point average does not apply to transfer credit.
5. The number of transfer credits earned and the name of the institution will be indicated on the Messiah College transcript. Individual course titles are grades will not be listed.