The application is available online.* As part of the application, you will be asked to write an essay in response to given questions.
*You must apply using the Messiah College application, as we do not accept the Common Application.
Required documents for application
You must submit your academic record. Your transcript records must include results/marks for individual courses, as well as diplomas or certificates required in your country as evidence of qualification for university. You are also required to submit the results of any national exams taken (IGCSE, West Africa Exam, CXC, SPM/STPM, A levels, etc.).
This may be submitted in the following ways:
1. By your high school guidance office/counselor or school official
- If your school participates in Naviance/Parchment (www.parchment.com), the transcript should be sent electronically via Naviance.
- Send an official transcript with an original signature and stamp. This must be submitted in an sealed, official, school envelope. Send to:
- Electronic transcripts may be sent on a case-by-case basis subject to approval. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to determine eligibility.
2. By you
- Send an official transcript with an original signature and stamp/seal. This must be submitted in an sealed, official, school envelope or an envelope with a school seal and signature across the back flap. Send to:
- Visit your local EducationUSA Center and ask them to validate and send your transcript to email@example.com
Standardized test scores
Messiah College reviews applications in light of several factors, one of which is a standardized test score. You are required to submit an official standardized test score from one of the following four options:
1. SAT: The average composite score of SAT is 1200 (new SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing, and Math). The Essay Section is not required.
2. ACT: The average composite ACT score is 25.
The SAT and ACT is suggested in order to qualify for the highest merit scholarships. SAT and SAT test results must be submitted to Messiah College directly from the testing institution or verified by your school as part of an official transcript.
TOEFL and IELTS score reports may be emailed to Messiah College at firstname.lastname@example.org for verification.
Statement of Finances and supporting bank documents
If you are a non-U.S. citizen applying for an F-1 visa:
You must submit a Statement of Finances and supporting bank documents. Supporting documents may be a certified letter from a bank showing the account balance or three months of bank statements showing a consistent balance. Students and/or families should be prepared to show $15,000 USD (or more based on the student's financial aid package).
Statement of Finances and supporting bank documents may be submitted via email to email@example.com
Copy of passport photo ID page
If you are a non-U.S. citizen applying for an F-1 visa, please submit a copy of your passport photo ID page.
If you are already in the U.S. on a visa, please submit a copy of your visa.
These items can be scanned and emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application fee is waived for students who submit their application and essay prior to November 1. After November 1, applicants must pay $50.
Nov. 1: Application fee waiver deadline
Jan. 15: College Honors Program scholarship deadline
Students interested in starting classes during our spring semester (February), click here for more information.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis after all supporting documents are received. We make every effort to notify students of their admissions decision within 2-3 weeks after the file is complete.