Summer Camp for High School Students
This is a fun and exciting way to introduce you to the profession of teaching young children. It is also a chance to experience an introduction to what college life is all about.
Who can attend?
High School Students entering 9th through 12th grade
How much does it cost?
$650 – Resident; $550 Commuter
Who is teaching?
Dr. Sarah Fischer, Language and Literacy Education and Christine Kirkpatrick, Early Learning Center Director
EXPERIENCE THE FIELD OF EDUCATION BY EXPLORING:
- The Story of American Education
- Project-Based Learning
- How Learners Learn
- How Teachers Teach
- Children’s Literature
- Current Trends and Issues in Education
- Teachers as Lifelong Learners
- Experiential Learning—by visiting a local educational historical site and exploring learning styles through scavenger hunts
- Interactive Faculty Demonstrations—including modeling instructional design and teaching methods
- Service Learning—a distinctive way of applying learning by planning and teaching a lesson at the Messiah College Early Learning Center
This is a fun and memorable way to learn if a career in teaching young children is right for you!
For more information contact Val Drobel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-796-5068