International Business at Messiah College
Gain hands-on international business experience at Messiah College.
The international business major at Messiah College is designed to help you become a global, Christian business person in both vocation and ministry.
The International Business Institute (IBI), places you in Europe, Russia, India and China where you will visit international corporations and also hear special lectures by visiting scholars. You’ll even take several international business and economics courses taught by professors from participating Christian colleges. The combination of these groundbreaking experiences will expose you to many facets of international business from developed to emerging practices and environments.
Later, as a fully immersed Global Christian with direct international experience, you’ll be well prepared to choose from careers in business, missions, graduate school, entrepreneurship, law, finance, economic development and more.
International business major distinctives
- Spend 10 weeks in Europe, Russia, India, and China with the International Business Institute (IBI), learning how to apply business principles cross culturally.
- Travel to a developing country via the College’s three-week cross-cultural experience.
- Delve into a wide range of challenging courses including Economic Development, foreign language, International Politics and a seminar on Ministering in International Business.
- Combine your International Business degree with a Chinese Studies, French, German, or Spanish minor. Messiah also offers a Chinese Business major and a Spanish Business major.
- Apply what you’ve learned in the classroom to real world situations through the on-campus, Enactus (formerly Students in Free Enterprise) organization.
- Join the Investment Club, a hands-on laboratory experience for students that creates an income stream to fund student organizations.
Career options for international business majors
As a graduate of the international business program, students are equipped to secure positions in areas such as:
- Graduate school
- Economic development
Internship opportunities for international business majors
Messiah’s nationally recognized internship program places students in a variety of international business internships. A few examples include:
- World Vision
- PA Department of Commerce
- Office of International Business Development
- Mennonite Economic Development Associates
- Sustainable Business Network
- International House
Learn more about the Department of Management and Business
The Department of Management and Business is housed in the School of Business, Education, and Social Sciences. Learn more about the Department of Management and Business by visiting our website, or check out some of the distinctives below.
The Department has 10 full-time faculty members who have strong experience in industry and academics and who seek to mentor students both spiritually and professionally.
- The Department is accredited nationally through the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Professors in the Management and Business Department have worked or taught in Austria, Costa Rica, India, Germany, The Netherlands, Switzerland, China and many other places, enabling them to infuse international and cross-cultural perspectives into their courses.
- Developing a student's global perspective has long been a specialty of Messiah College and the Department of Management and Business.
- Our students join students from several other Christian Colleges to attend the International Business Institute (IBI) a unique program of business study, corporate visits and travel through Europe, Russia, India and China.