Murray Library Services for Students and Staff with Disabilities
Murray Library provides the following accommodations to aid individuals in wheelchairs:
- Elevator access to both floors of the Library
- Wheelchair accessible restroom facilities on lower level
- Some computer stations are built to accommodate wheelchairs. See a librarian for information
- Library staff will assist in retrieving materials from hard-to-reach shelves and displays. Because staff offices are on the main floor (entrance level), anyone needing assistance in book or material retrieval may want to request assistance before going to the lower level.
- Photocopying services are available at standard cost on main floor (entrance level).
- Closed Circuit TV for enlarged images is available on the lower level.
- One of the computers in the reference area is equipped with a large screen monitor and text-enlargement monitor.
- Librarians have been designated to work specifically with students with disabilities. While any of the librarians and staff will be glad to assist you, specific help can be obtained by asking for one of the following librarians when they are on duty: Beth Mark, x3590 and Lawrie Merz, x3880. Appointments for help with library skills can also be scheduled by calling their extensions. The phone number for the library is (717) 691-6006.
The Library staff is always willing to assist students with disabilities in any way possible. A student may stop by the circulation desk to request assistance.
If further assistance is needed in addition to the accommodations mentioned, please contact Messiah College Disability Services at 796-5382. Disability Services information can be found on the Internet at: http://www.messiah.edu/offices/disability/