Renewing Library Materials/Setting up a Library Account
Library materials may be renewed once. The renewal period is the same length of time as the original circulation period. (e.g., if books circulate for 3 weeks, they may be renewed for 3 additional weeks).
Renewals can always be made by calling the circulation department (x3860) or by stopping by the circulation desk. Further, Messiah students and employees (only) may renew items online through the Murray Library catalog, provided the renewal request is initiated before the item's due date. To renew online, users must set up their library account.
- From within the catalog, click on the Renew button in the tool bar.
- Institution ID: key in your ID number (just the six-digit number on your ID card).
- PIN: Contact a library staff member to acquire a temporary PIN.
- telephone: Circulation Desk (ext. 3860); Reference Desk (ext. 3910)
- e-mail: reference librarian
- instant-message: AIM (screen name: AskaLib).
- After keying in your last name, click on OK.
- As soon as you are logged in, change your PIN to something you can remember. It does not have to include numerals.
- Check the box next to each item you want to renew.
NOTE: If your materials are overdue, your account is automatically blocked. You
will need to go to the Library in person in order to have your account unblocked.
- Scroll down and click on "Renew Items" button.
- New due dates will appear for those items that have been renewed.
NOTE: Items may only be renewed once.