Alumni Council Member
Director of Alumni Relations
Length of Term:
Three-year term, two terms maximum (may exceed this if appointed to an officer's position).
The purpose of the Messiah College Alumni Council is to provide an opportunity for enthusiastic alumni to become more engaged with and serve the needs of the College, specifically the Office of Alumni Relations. Membership on the Council is a privilege and prospective members must complete an application and interview process to be considered for membership.
- Must be an alumnus (anyone who has attended a minimum of two semesters at Messiah College, Messiah Junior College, Messiah Academy, Upland College, Upland Academy.)
- Exemplifies Messiah's mission (a person of intellect, character & faith)
- Attend two alumni Council meetings each year. Meetings are 6-8 hours in duration and are held on Friday and Saturday in the Spring and Fall.
- Be actively engaged during the Council meetings, providing feedback and willingly accepting tasks that are needed to complete Council goals.
- Remain actively engaged with other alumni in your area and age demographic seeking their feedback on their alumni experience and learning about their continued needs as alumni.
- Support the College by contributing to Messiah College annual fund on a yearly basis. There is an expectation of 100% participation by the Council.
- Serve not only the larger Council, but also a Council committee (based on class year) and Council subcommittee (based on interest area). Subcommittees include communications, admissions, alumni participation, events and engagement, and career services.
- Remain actively engaged with the College between meetings including maintaining on-campus contacts, attending College events when possible, and staying up-to-date on College news.
- Serve in a volunteer capacity for at least one alumni event annually.
- Cover travel & housing costs related to Alumni Council meetings.
- Enjoy your alumni experience and talk openly and positively about Messiah College to others, especially the College alumni community.