E-mail email@example.com or call 717-796-5252.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the date of Homecoming Weekend? October 19-20, 2012
- Where can I find the schedule for Homecoming Weekend? The full schedule is available online at www.messiah.edu/homecoming. You can also find a PDF schedule here. On the day of Homecoming alumni can access the Homecoming schedule on their mobile device at www.messiah.edu/hc or they can reference the schedule on their nametag.
- Where can I register for Homecoming? You can register online here.
- Is registration required to attend Homecoming? No, however it is strongly encouraged for most events the day of Homecoming.
- Where can I park the day of Homecoming? Parking is open all across campus including Starry Athletic Field.
- Where can I find local accommodations? Visit www.messiah.edu/visitors for information regarding local lodging, dining and facilities.
- Where do I go when I arrive? We encourage all alumni and their families to check in at registration the day of Homecoming in the Eisenhower Campus Center. Here you can receive your nametag and schedule, pick up any tickets you may need, and ask questions.
- Is there a cost to attend Homecoming? There are only a few events that have a cost:
- Reunion Banquet- $15/person (free for Golden Grads)
- Falcon Fun Run- $5/no-shirt & $10 w/shirt
- Falcon Fest Picnic- $6/person (free for children under two)
- Can my children and family attend? Absolutely! The more, the merrier.
- What is there for kids to do? We have several events designed just for the little ones including the Book Reading and the Li’l Falcon Zone.
- What happens if it rains? While most events are indoors and will not be effected by rain, we will be sure to post all weather related changes and updates to our Homecoming webpage, as well as our alumni Facebook page, Twitter accounts using the hash tag #MCHomecoming2012.
- How can I share my Homecoming experience? There are many ways you can share your Messiah College Homecoming experience:
- Real Time- Share your experience via social media through our alumni Facebook page and Twitter feed as well as using the hash tag #MCHomecoming2012
- Photos- Share your photos after Homecoming through Facebook, Twitter, or by e-mailing them to us at Homecoming@messiah.edu
- Feedback- Share your feedback with us post Homecoming through e-mail, phone, or our online survey.
- Where can I eat? There will be several locations to get food on campus the day of Homecoming including the Union Café, The Falcon Café, and the Falcon Fest Picnic (Hitchcock Arena, 12:30-4:00pm). Several of the events also include light refreshments or drinks. You are also welcome to grab food off campus at one of the many local restaurants.
- Will the bookstore be open? Yes, the bookstore will be open from 9am-5pm on Saturday.
Golden Grad Questions:
- What is a Golden Grad? Anyone who has celebrated their 50th reunion and beyond.
- Where can I park the day of Homecoming? On Friday, we recommend you park in the lot directly behind the Jordan/Kline Science building in front of the Larsen Student Union.
- Is there a cost to attend? No, there is no cost for Golden Grads to attend any events on Friday. There is a cost for the Fun Run and the Falcon Fest Picnic on Saturday.
- Do I need to register in advance? Yes, registration is strongly encouraged for all events on Friday and required for the Reunion Banquet Celebration on Friday evening.
- How do I register? You may register online, through the Golden Grad registration mailer you received, or over the phone.
- Can I attend Homecoming events on Saturday? Absolutely! We have a programmed designed specifically for our Golden Grads on Friday; however we would love to see you back on campus again on Saturday!
- What if I am not celebrating a reunion this year? Those Golden Grads not from the Class of 1962 or the Academy Class of 1952 are invited to join us starting at 1:00pm for tours of the Oakes Museum.
- Am I required to attend each event? No, registration is a la carte so you are welcome to come and go as you please.
Reunion Celebration Banquet:
- What is the Reunion Celebration Banquet? The Reunion Celebration Banquet is a special evening of celebration honoring those celebrating a milestone reunion year (5th, 10th, 25th, & 50th). Golden Grads are also invited to join in this special event to celebrate the rich history and legacy of Messiah College.
- What will the night include? The night will include your choice of dinner (chicken, beef, or vegetarian), and will feature student musical performances from the Concert Choir and One College Avenue, an alumni performance from American Idol finalist Adam Brock, an address from President Kim Phipps, and the 2012 alumni awards.
- What is the cost? The event will cost $15/person for those celebrating their 5th, 10th, & 25th class reunions and free for those celebrating their 50th class reunion as well as our Golden Grads.
- When will I get my tickets? Tickets will be available for pick-up the evening of the event.
- What is the dress for that evening? The dress will be business casual.
- May my spouse/significant other attend? Yes, spouses and significant others are welcome to attend.
- May my children attend? Due to the nature and length of this event, we ask that our alumni make other arrangements for their children that evening.
- Where can I find childcare in the area? The Office of Alumni & Parent Relations has compiled a list of students who are available and interested in providing childcare to alumni the evening of October 19. To request this list, please e-mail Homecoming@messiah.edu. Alumni will be responsible for arranging childcare on their own using this list.
Messiah College is in no way liable for the actions of those providing childcare. Please note that under no circustances can a Messiah College student provide childcare in their Residence Hall or Apartment.