The Office of Disability Services and/or the Learning Center occassionally hosts sessions for students to help with certain skills that are crucial for student success, such as textbook skills, organizational skills, study skills, and test-taking skills. Students who believe they may lack some of these skills are encouraged to enroll in the study skills course offered each fall and/or seek help at the Learning Center.
These links to other sites have some excellent resources to help improve academic performance for all students, not just those with disabilities . . .
- Study Tips for Students - effective study, taking notes, taking tests, writing papers and giving speeches
- Sites to Promote Academic Excellence - a good compilation of links concerning time management and study tips
- Study Skills Self-help - Online study skills workshops from Virginia Tech
- First Year College Students - Information for making the grade in the first year
- Test taking Strategy
- Counseling Pamphlets - a collection from the University of Chicago
- Keyboarding Skills
- Help with Grammar
- Writing a Thesis
- Preventing Plagiarism
- Learning Style - Take the test to see how you learn best