There are two parts to the exam modification procedure:
- Students are required to submit the Student request form for testing accommodations
- If accommodation is provided within the academic department, the next step is not necessary.
Delivery and Retrieval:
Sending an exam as an email attachment is the preferred method of delivery. It is equally secure for instructors or designated staff to hand-carry an exam in a sealed envelope to ODS (Hoffman 101/102). In the event that neither the director nor the assistant is available when the exam is dropped off, the sealed envelope can be slipped under the office door. Due to concern about the security of exams, the option of a student bringing an exam with them and/or returning the exam to the instructor is discouraged. Completed exams will be delivered securely to the Faculty Services test cabinet.
Students are required to initiate the testing accommodation each time by submitting the Request for Accommodation form (see previous link under Step 1) to the instructor, at least one week in advance of the scheduled exam. It is the responsibility of the student to schedule ODS proctored exams as close as possible to the scheduled exam time.
- All students qualified for exam modification accommodations should show or provide a copy of their accommodation letter from the Office of Disability Services.
- Try to keep your communication with the student using testing accommodations as private as possible. Avoid making announcements about a student's modified testing procedures in front of the class.
- The Test Proctoring Request is required for exams proctored in the Office of Disability Services (ODS).