Messiah Team Triathlon - 2014
The 6th annual Messiah Team Triathlon will be held on Saturday, May 3, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. This fun event is sponsored by the Messiah Wellness Program and is intended to foster esprit de corps and increase physical activity levels within the college community. Everyone is encouraged to participate in this event. Here are some of the rules:
You must be a current or retired Messiah employee, a current student, an alum, or a spouse of an alum, student or employee to participate.
- You can only enter as part of a three-person team. Each member of a team can only participate in one leg of the triathlon.
- Each team will be classified by division (employees, students, student/employee, MC community), gender (male, female, male/female), and in some cases, age. If one member of a team is NOT a current student or employee of the college, the team will be placed into the MC community division. Go to the Results link to see a list of the specific categories.
- The distances of the team triathlon (and the order of events) will be:
- Swim- 800 meters (half-mile; 32 lengths in the pool)
- Bike- 12.2 miles
- Run- 3.1 miles
- All teams must pre-register. The date is Saturday, May 3, 2014. Start time is 9:00 a.m. at the pool. Teams can get body marked, pick up their numbers, starting assignments, and T-shirts between 8:30 - 8:45 a.m. in the hallway outside the pool.
Swim Waves: ALL swimmers registered will be assigned a 'wave'.