The information on these pages can help you learn more about renewing your FAFSA and scholarships.
Any current student who filed a FAFSA for the previous year will receive a reminder to complete the Renewal Application on-line. The on-line Renewal Application contains the information that the student entered on the previous year’s application. The student simply needs to update any items that have changed.
NOTE: Previous school codes will not be rolled over; please enter Messiah College’s code: 003298.
Renewal Application reminders will be sent directly to the student’s home address or email address from the Federal processor.
The FAFSA is used to apply for:
- The Federal Pell Grant and to determine eligibility for:
- Federal Work-Study (check “Work Study” for question 31(“Are you interested in being considered for work-study?”) on the FAFSA. Indicating an interest in student employment will not decrease your grants or scholarships.
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (no separate application necessary)
- Federal Perkins Loan (no separate application necessary)
- Federal Stafford Loans (automatically added to your financial aid package when you file a FAFSA.) Student loans will not decrease your
grants or scholarships.
- State Grants (some require separate application)
- Messiah College grants and scholarships based on financial need (no separate application necessary)