The MISP office has an on‐going role in supporting the implementation of the campus‐wide celebrations for nationally recognized racial and ethnic heritage months and other national and international related celebrations.
Heritage/History month and other celebrations provide a forum where we can learn about unspoken histories and add a different perspective to the retellings of our past. Each celebration incorporates film, cultural celebrations, and speakers to engage our local community in a much needed conversation on the existing realities of particular racial/ethnic communities in the U.S. and internationally.
For more information about individual events please visit our Events Page
- Hispanic/Latino Heritage Month Sept. -Oct. 15
- Native American and Alaska Native Heritage Month (November)
- International Education week (a week in November)
- Rev. Martin Luther King Commemoration week (January)
- Black History Month (February)
- Women’s (Her)story Month (March)
- Asian and Pacific Islander Middle Eastern Heritage Month (April)