Capital Region Internship & Co-op Fair
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Penn State Harrisburg - Capital Union Building
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Sponsored by Penn State Harrisburg and Messiah College
ADVICE TO STUDENTS
Before You Speak To Employers
1) Research the attending organizations as well as you can prior to the fair.
2) Be prepared to state your goals for the internship / co-op experience.
3) Be prepared to state the skills and abilities you offer the employer.
4) Print several copies of your resume.
When You Greet Employers
1) Shake hands and introduce yourself – “Hi, my name is ________and I’m a (class year) (major).
2) Hand the representative your resume.
3) Take 1-3 minutes to describe yourself, interests, and opportunities you are seeking.
4) Ask questions such as:
“How have interns been utilized in the past?”
“When is the internship available?”
“How many hours per week do you prefer that a student work?”
“What qualifications are you looking for?”
“When is the deadline for an application or other materials?”
“What should I do from this point?”
5) Gather literature and ask for a business card.
6) Shake hands and thank the representative for their time.