Outlook: Conversation View
Working in Conversation View
What is it?
Conversation view groups related messages together and displays them under a single thread. Conversation view makes it easy for you to categorize, remove, or clean up the messages in a thread.
For a Video Tutorial on Conversation View click the following link: http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/ms.exch.ecp.conversations.aspx
To Expand a Conversation
Click the expand button to view the most relevant messages in a conversation. To view all messages in a conversation, double-click the first message in the thread.
To Remove Redundant Messages from a Conversation
Click the Clean Up button in the Delete group on the Home tab and select Clean Up Conversation from the list.
To Ignore Further Messages in a Conversation
Click the Ignore button in the Delete group on the Home tab.
In Outlook 2010, Conversation View groups email messages into conversations based on the subject of the message. You can enable or disable it on all or only specific folders in your mailbox.
Enable Conversation View
- From the View tab, select "Show as Conversations".
- In the dialog box that appears, to arrange all folders in your mailbox by conversation, choose All Folders. To arrange only the current folder, choose This Folder.
Disable Conversation View
- From the View tab, deselect Show as Conversations.
- In the dialog box that appears, if you want no folders in your mailbox arranged by conversation, choose All Folders. To deselect only the current folder, choose This Folder.
Outlook Web App
In Outlook Web App (OWA), conversation view groups email messages into conversations based on the subject of the message. Conversation view is enabled by default for every mail folder in your mailbox. You can disable it, but you will need to disable it on each folder separately; there is no option to disable the setting on multiple folders. To disable or enable conversation view:
- In the left column of OWA, click the folder for which you want to modify conversation view.
- In the right window, below the "New" option, click the drop-down arrow next to "Arrange by:".
- At the bottom of the menu, to disable the option, uncheck Conversation, or to enable it, check this box.
- Repeat all the steps above for every folder for which you want to disable or enable conversation view.
For more details on Conversation View click here: http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/ms.exch.ecp.conversations.aspx