Outlook: Removing Entries in the Auto Complete List
Outlook will suggest names for the To, Cc and Bcc field while typing in names or address that you have sent to in past. This feature uses entries in the auto complete list. If for some reason you have an address or addresses in your autocomplete list that you would like to delete please follow the steps below:
Remove a Single Address from the Auto Complete List
- Create a new email message in Outlook.
- Start typing the name or address you want to remove.
- Use the down arrow key to highlight the address that you would like remove.
- Press the Delete key.
Remove Your Entire Auto Complete List
1. Click on the File menu –> Options –> Mail
2. Scroll down to Send messages section and click on the Empty Auto-Complete list button to clear or empty the auto complete name suggestion list.
You will now need to rebuild your autocomplete list by choosing names from the Address Book to begin populating your list.