Video Download Procedures using Microsoft Silverlight
These instructions are provided to help you download video files that you have filmed with a USB handheld camcorder and wish to save onto your computer for editing or sharing. If you need help with camera and video download instructions, please refer to the documentation on Sakai.
- Depending on the type of camcorder you use, you may see variations particular to your model’s camera, however these instructions are intended to be basic procedures for getting video files off of your camcorder and should work for most USB camcorder models.
- Begin by inserting the USB connection from the camera into your USB port on your computer. You may need a USB extension cord, and once you have plugged in, you may see the icon show up in your Devices window.
- Next, we recommend creating a new folder on your Desktop for your video transfer files. To do this, right-click on your desktop and select New -> Folder.
- Once the folder has been created, rename the folder to something you will remember, such as “Messiah Videos”. Do not just leave the folder called “New folder.”
- Go to your removable disk drive and click on the USB camera, in this case it is a Sony Bloggie, then navigate to the Root folder. Look for icons that include a small thumbnail preview of your video file. Typically they will have an “.MP4” extension on the end of the file.
- Find the file and/or files that you wish to copy over.
- Drag the file over to your new folder. I called my folder Messiah Videos.
That’s it! Your videos are now on your computer so that you can upload them to our media server, or save them for later.
As always, feel free to email Helpdesk@messiah.edu with any questions or comments.