Video Download and Upload Instructions
Video Download Procedure (video recorder to computer)
These instructions are intended to be basic procedures for getting video files off of your camera. Instructions for uploading your files from your camera to the Video Server can be found at the bottom of this page.
That’s it! Your videos are now on your computer so that you can upload them to our media server, or save them for later. As always, feel free to email Helpdesk@messiah.edu with any questions or comments.
Video Upload Procedure Using Ensemble Video
Once you have saved your video to your computer, go to video.messiah.edu in your web browser. You will be required to login with your Messiah College credentials.
You will be taken to a Media Library page that resembles the following...
Uploading your video file
1. Click the "add" button near the upper right of your Media Library screen.
2. Fill in the Title and anything else you want. Then click "Continue"....
3. On the next page, click , locate your file on your computer and click "Open"; your file will be added to the uploader queue.
4. Click "Start Upload". IMPORTANT!!! - Depending on the size of your video, this step could take 15 minutes or more! Do NOT proceed or leave this page until Ensemble shows "File Ready". Moving forward before the upload has finished will result in your video not being uploaded.
5. Click "Save & Continue"
6. Accept the defaults on the next screen and Click "Save and Publish".
Sharing your video through your Canvas Assignment
1. Click on the assignment in Canvas.
2. Find the video you uploaded on a screen that looks similar to the following...
3. Click on the desired video; it will open in a separate window.
4. Click the word "Embed" and copy everything in the Embed text box.
5. In your Canvas class, find the correct assignment and click on "Submit Assignment".
6. Click the "HTML Editor" link.
7. In the "Text Entry" box, Paste the code that you copied.
8. Click on "Submit Assignment" to complete the process.