Outlook: Mobile Device Setup - Windows Phone Password Lock
To set a four-digit password lock for Windows Phone 7, do the following:
- Press the right arrow button on the home screen to view the app list.
- Press Settings.
- Press lock & wallpaper.
- The screen time-out is set to one minute by default. You may select a different time-out if you wish.
- The screen time-out is the amount of time it takes for your screen to lock after you stop using it. After that time, you must enter the four-digit password to unlock the screen.
- Change Password to On.
- Enter a four-digit password in the New password field.
- Enter your four-digit password again in the Confirm password field.
- Press done.
Your device now requires your four-digit password to unlock it. You must enter your password when you turn on the device or press the Unlock button. Windows Phone 7 does not require you to enter your four-digit password to answer calls or make emergency calls. You must enter your four-digit password to make normal calls.