What Student Computer Services Offers
What We Will Do For Students
- We will make sure that student's personal computers can access the internet from their residence hall or campus apartment including showing students how to properly use a network switch.
- We will set up access to Messiah's student web space and make sure that connection is possible.
- We will either update your virus protection software or install
AVG anti-virus purchased by Messiah College for the students.
- We will install and run Spybot Search & Destroy to help fight against internet popups.
- We will ensure that your PC works correctly with SafeConnect.
- Other software configuration or setup may be done at the discretion of the Manager of Student Computer Services. Services performed will depend on the availability of personnel and time.
- We will answer as many questions as possible. Any computer
related problem can be addressed by filling out the ITS
Student Problem Report Form (preferred method) or by calling
the Student PC Support Line, x5901.
We do not service or provide support for the following:
- Computers with Windows 2000 or lower operating systems
- Printers (and all other peripherals)
- Switches or USB hubs (hardware problems)
- Modem connections
NOTICE: We only service the following:
We require that your computer meet the following specifications in order to receive assistance from SCS:
|| Windows XP and higher or Mac OS X
||Pentium 4 at 2.0 Gigahertz or faster
||Centrino 1.6 Ghz or faster
||2 GB or higher
||100 GB or larger
||10/100 Ethernet/Network Card
||We are also available to answer questions on smartphone setup
Click Here for our recommendations for a new PC
Click Here for Frequently Asked Questions