Setting up MC-WPA Wireless in Windows Vista & 7
Click here for instructions on how to setup Windows XP
- Download the required software for Messiah's Network.
- Under the Start Menu, click on Control Panel.
- If you're in category view, find the heading labeled
Network and Internet and click on View Network Status and
Tasks below it. If you're in icon view, click on Network
and Sharing Center.
- Click on Manage Wireless Networks on the left bar.
- Click on Add and then click Manually Add A Network Profile.
- Under Network Name, fill in MC-WPA. Set the security type
to WPA-Enterprise. Encryption Type should be set to TKIP.
After your window looks like the one shown here, click next.
- It should say that MC-WPA was successfully added. Now
click on Change Connection Settings.
- Verify that the network authentication method is set to
Protected EAP (PEAP). If you don't
want to enter your username and password every time you
use MC-WPA, check the checkbox under the network authentication
- Vista users skip this step. Click on Advanced Settings. Check the box next to Specify
Authentication Mode and in the drop down menu, change it
to User Authentication. Click OK at the bottom of the window.
Do not click the Save Credentials button.
- Back under MC-WPA Wireless Network Properties, click on
Settings to the right of the network authentication method.
Uncheck Validate Server Certificate. Then click the Configure
button in the middle of the window.
"Automatically use my Windows logon" and click OK.
- On the bottom right of your taskbar, click on the wireless
icon, select MC-WPA, and click connect.
- Now continue to Network Registration