Residential Network Registration
ITS requires students to register their computers before using the campus network or accessing the Internet. Network registration helps ITS to track down problems with the network. The registration process is simple and automatic.
Network registration associates your computer's network identification with your Messiah username. The following information is collected:
The IP address and MAC address are collected automatically by the network registration page. All you need to do is enter your username and password.
- Your username
- Date of registration
- Your computer's IP address
- Your computer's MAC address
If you replace your computer's network card, you will need to register again, since the computer's network identification has changed.
Registering a PC
If you need to register your PC, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer and open a web browser. If your computer requires registration, then any page you try to access will open the Network Registration page.
- Read the provided information and click Agree.
- Enter your Messiah username and password, then click Register.
- Your computer will probably need to be rebooted for registration to take affect. For best results, wait about a minute before rebooting, since it may take that long for the network to process the registration.
Unregistering your PC
If you sell your computer to another Messiah College student, you will want to unregister the PC so the new owner can register it. To unregister your PC, follow these steps:
- Collect the following information:
- Your Messiah username (original username used to register the PC)
- Your computer's MAC address, also called Physical Address run ipconfig /all in a DOS window and look for Physical Address
- Approximate date registered, if known
- Call x3333 or fill out a Problem Report Form.