Information about Filespace Sharing
- Only folders can be shared, NOT individual files
- You may either grant users Read Only or Full Access
- Full access allows creation, modification and deletion of files in that folder.
- Full access does not allow that person to grant rights to additional users.
- Users you give access to will see your username in their K: drive and only the folder(s) you shared with them.
Procedure for Sharing a Folder
Sharing a folder is accomplished through a web interface. Follow these steps to share a folder:
- Open web browser and logon to the File Manger
- Navigate to and click on the folder that you want to share.
The folder you wish to share must already exist or you will not
see it on the screen.
- Look at the Location header. It shows the full path of the selected folder. Take note of this path, since you will want to communicate it to the other user.
- Select File -> Properties from the menu bar.
- A popup dialog box will appear. Click Security.
- Click Add Trustee
- Type the username of the person with whom you want to share.
- Click the checkboxes of the permissions you want to share:
- For read-only access, leave the defaults of just R and F permissions.
- For modify access, enable all of
R W E C M F.
- Click Add Trustee. If successful, you should now see a list of trustee assignments with the newly-added assignment included in the list.