Students who are Messiah college employees for the summer
Anyone completing an internship for Messiah College credit
Summer Housing Application Due Date
• Applications are due in by 5 p.m. onWednesday, April
• Vacations may NOT be taken during the move in or move out dates: May 18 & August 15 & 16,
2014. If you have a once in a lifetime event during these times you MUST note them on your application.
Summer Rooming Assignments
• All summer employees & students taking an internship will be living in Witmer residence hall.
• Summer room assignments confirmation will be emailed by May 14, 2014. Room assignments will be given close to May 18 as we learn which rooms will be empty first.
• All students must request one another to be placed together as roommates
• Assignments will be made according to availability
• We reserve the right to assign a substitute or relocate students should a resident move or cancel
• Everyone will move into their summer housing assignment on Sunday, May 18 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m
• Everyone will move into their fall housing assignments on Friday, August 15 between 5 and 9 p.m. and/or Saturday, August 16 between 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• If you do not have a fall housing assignment on the Grantham campus because you will be studying abroad or living at theHarrisburg campus you must find a friend to stay with on campus. Please notify the Residence Life Office about where you will be saying so that you may be granted card access. If you need help finding a place to stay the Residence Life Office.
• If you do not have a fall housing assignment on the Grantham campus because you are living off-campus for the fall semester you may move off-campus begining August 15 and receive an extra $1/hour for the rest of summer (instead of getting room and board as part of your compension) or you may find a friend to stay with on campus until Friday, August 29, 2014. Please notify the Residence Life Office about where you will be saying so that you may be granted card access. If you need help finding a place to stay the Residence Life Office.
• Everyone staying on campus between Wednesday, May 14 and Sunday, May 18 MUST fill out an extended stay request form.
• Summer employees whose work assignment(s) end must check out of their rooms 24 hours after the assignment
• Summer employees with work assignments that do not go through August 29, may not be able to move
into their fall housing assignment until August 30.
• Summer employees with work assignments that go through August 29, will be permitted to move into their
fall housing assignment on August 15 & 16.
• Summer employees are responsible for arranging a room check out.
• Summer employees with master keys or conference keys are not permitted to grant access to
students to move furniture or other items into fall housing assignments.
General Information for All Summer Employees
• Keys must be picked up at check-in. The Department of Safety is not permitted to grant
access to summer employees/students
Summer 2014 Room & Board Rates
• $250/week and includes room and meals.
• Housing eligibility and rates for full & part time jobs can be seen below.
All summer student employees whose job requires them to live on campus will not be charged room and board, but will have applicable federal, state,and/or local taxes withheld from paychecks on the taxable, non-cash value of the board. Students who are uncertain if their job requires living on campus should contact the job supervisor.
• Housing ratesQuestions regarding tax amounts on room and/or board should be directed to the Student Employment Coordinator in the Payroll Office.