10 things to know about Dave:
1. My relationship with Jesus Christ is the most important thing in my life. I came to know Christ at a young age, but within the past 3 years have begun to realize that Christianity is a radical life commitment that requires action.
2. I am extremely excited to be an RD, and I beileve that God has specifically called me to Residence Life work in higher education. I view being an RD as a unique ministry because of the ability to literally live among the people I am serving.
3.. I LOVE to both play and watch sports I especially love to play basketball, tennis, golf, and run.
4. James is my favorit book of the Bible. I absolutely love the convicting life applications that are packed into every verse. I especially like James 2:14-26 which discusses how good deeds validate our faith.
5. I am married to my high school sweetheart. I started dating Emily when I was a junior in high school, and we finally got married last summer after my first year of grad school. She is amazing.
6. I was born and raised in Vernon Hills, IL, a northern suburb of Chicago. I have two amazing parents and two brothers who are my best friends.
7. I went to Taylor University for both my undergraduate (Social Studies Education) and graduate degree (Higher Education and Student Development). I hope God can use the skills I learned to advance his Kingdom here at Messiah.
8. I LOVE the Chicago Bulls. Derrick Rose is by far my favorite current athlete . . . and Michael Jordan is the best basketball player ever. No questions asked.
9. I love music. My favorite album of all time is “Keep it Together” by Guster.
10. If I were being executed tomorrow and had only one meal left, I would eat tons of Chicago style deep dish pizza, a perfectly flame kissed bratwurst, and cookie dough ice cream for dessert.