Ten things you should know about Paula
1. I am passionate about Jesus and seeing students grow and mature during college. The growth is beautiful; although the process is not always easy. Watching college students become the person God has intended is such a wonderful opportunity.
2. I went to Southeastern University in Lakeland, Florida where I received by BS in Practical Theology with concentrations in youth and psychology (2007) and a MS in Counseling (2013).
3. I LOVE COFFEE! Especially a blueberry ice coffee from Dunkin or a Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks. I think Dunkin has better coffee!
4. I met and married my husband Rusty after I graduated college. He was well worth the wait. We both were RD's at Southeastern University before beginning our journey at Messiah College. He currently works in admissions at Messiah.
5. My favorite classes in college were: Managing Teams and Coaching Individuals, Revelation, and Career Counseling.
6. I love the Ohio State Buckeyes! I was born and raised in Austintown, Ohio (a suburb of Youngstown).
7. Before coming to Messiah College I worked as a Youth Pastor, a Care Manager (I worked with children in the foster care system), and a Resident Director. I have absolutely loved everything about being a resident director. Living among college students and sharing life with them is an incredible and unique opportunity.
8. When Rusty and I got married we chose to center our ceremony on James 2: 14-26. This is the message we try to live out with our lives every day. Although not always easy, it is a great reminder that we must put actions behind the words we speak.
9. I enjoy any activity outdoors; hiking, cycling, mountain biking, skiing, running. Having a husband who enjoys doing the same things makes for some great adventures.
10. I traveled to 38 states in one summer on a Harley Davidson. I was young, but I have pictures to prove it.