There are Seventeen (18 ) emergency telephones located on campus. The locations are:
- Dept of Safety Office (Greenbriar House outside front door)
- Front of Smith
- Back of Smith
- Fry parking lot (Lot F)
- Back of Kelly
- Front of Fry
- Upper Pit parking lot (Lot C)
- Lower Pit parking lot (Lot B)
- Far end parking lot (Lot D)
- Jordan Center parking lot (Lot K)
- Front of Mellinger
- Back of Mellinger (Lot G)
- Starry Field front of lot (by the Tennis courts)
- Starry Field back of lot (by the Falcon Hut)
- Treona parking lot
- Lenhert Building (by Fleet Services)
- Visitor Parking lot (Lot VV)
- Map of Emergency Phones
For Emergencies: Push the "red" button; you will hear the emergency number being dialed automatically (there is a short delay while this occurs); staff personnel will answer your call, ask about the nature of your emergency and dispatch an officer to your location. This is for emergencies only - do not use the red button for escorts or business other than emergencies.
For Non-Emergencies: The emergency phones can also be used to call Safety for an escort, to call a friend or roommate on campus, etc. However, the phones are not to be used for extended phone calls. They are to be used to summon for information or assistance only. To do this, you would push the "Call" button and then dial the extension needed.
* Minimum penalty for tampering with or misusing the emergency telephones is $500. This includes making prank phone calls from these telephones. They are for your safety in time of need. Let's not misuse or abuse them!