In concert with the mission of Messiah College, the Department of Safety is dedicated to the educational process by providing a safe and secure living, learning and working environment for all members of the Messiah College community. Along with ensuring the security of all facilities, our priorities within the total organizational framework are safety, community service and serving as an information resource. We work in cooperation with other departments and organizations to foster a positive community atmosphere.
As a Department within the Division of Operations, we strive to provide a quality experience and deliver excellent customer service to our community and guests of the college. As a customer of the Department of Safety, you can expect:
- Fair treatment, regardless of name, age, ethnic/national origin, disability, race or gender;
- Respect – firm but fair, and within the framework of the mission and expectations of the college;
- Timely, professional response or follow-up;
- Positive and courteous attitude; and
- Answers to all inquiries or questions asked.
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as you are working for the Lord, not for men.”