I think I’ve been Harassed...
Statement of purpose
In order to provide an easier and more student friendly version of this policy, this document was created by students with the help of Messiah College staff and faculty.
Let’s Talk About it.
- Begin by talking to an employee you feel comfortable with like:
- Residence Director
- Director of Multicultural Programs
- Director of International Student Programs
- Counseling services
- College ministries
- Dir. Of student involvement & leadership
- Work-study supervisors
Staff or faculties are expected to facilitate an earnest effort to resolve these issues as promptly as possible. Students should be aware that the situation will be reported to the Associate Dean of Students. Severity of the situation will inform how the incident is handled. If resolution is not achieved at this point, process will continue.
No matter the actions taken student should be aware that any employees made aware of a situation, will report it to the Associate Dean of Students. Except for pastoral or counseling staff, acting in their professional role (please fill out the form)
Consulting the Appropriate People.
- The Associate Dean of Students (Assoc DOS) will consult with appropriate resources related to the situation such as the Special assistant to the President and Provost for Diversity Affairs, Director of Multicultural Programs, Director of International Students Programs, College Pastor, a representative of the Gender Concerns Committee, Director of Disability Services, and/or School Deans.
- The Associate Dean of Students or designee advises complainant regarding possible next steps and resolution process including informal and formal processes.
Informal Resolution Process:
This serves as the foundation for a resolution process.
- You will verify/clarify record of incident (student can remain anonymous).
- Assoc DOS or designee discusses issue with harasser
- Assoc DOS or designee consults with Advisory team as needed
- This process typically leads to an informal resolution (such as a meeting to make the offending party aware of the impact of his/her actions and seek an appropriate resolution).
Submission of Notes.
- Notes related to the situation and the resolutions are maintained by the appropriate office (Such as Vice provost Dean of students, Human resources or Dean of School). If a resolution is not reached this will move to the formal resolution process.
Formal Resolution Process:.
This serves as a follow up for unresolved issues or a foundation for egregious issues.
You will file a complaint with Assoc DOS
Investigation is conducted.
- The Assoc DOS and/or Dir. of HR will review the situation and partner with resources on campus to conduct an investigation.
Final outcomes determined.
The Assoc DOS and/or Dir. of HR will determine outcomes and present in writing to both parties.
- If accepted, the The Assoc DOS and/or Dir. of HR will ensure the outcomes are met and completion is communicated to the complainant
- If not accepted, either party may submit a written summary of the concerns and request to Assoc. DOS, VP/DOS or Dir. of HR who will convene the College Review Board or Grievance Review Board.
College Review Board/ Grievance Review Board
- College Review Board reviews all the facts and makes a final decision. They will also provide all people involved with the final written decision.